While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Rocky Mount Virginia 24151, I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Rocky Mount Virginia 24151, and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Rocky Mount Virginia 24151.
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Rocky Mount Virginia 24151. Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In Virginia
Rocky Mount Information
Video: Mortgages in Rocky Mount VA
Mod-U-Kraf Homes, Inc. CLOSED P. O. Box 573 Rocky Mount , VA 24151 Phone: 540-483-0291 Fax: 540-483-2228 email: [email protected]
Browse 756 homes for sale in Rocky Mount at Homes.com. Research real estate, houses for sale, and MLS listings in Rocky Mount, NC. Get property, neighborhood, school ...
Compiled from Virginia MLS listings and regional databases of Franklin County, VA homes for rent: 13 total rental listings, 0 apartments for rent, and 0 condos for ...
MoneyGeek.com helps you make financial decisions. Learn about types of credit cards, compare home loans, find info about the best car insurance coverage, and more.
Shared Branching ATM Locations. Access your account from nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide. Member One ATMs. There’s no fee for members to use our ...
When comparing mortgages such as fixed rate and adjustable Huntington can help while meeting your financial needs. Learn more about FHA and VA mortgages.
Resource of regional or national lenders specializing in log home financing and log home construction loans.
Effective as of 05/19/2017, subject to change daily. *Annual Percentage Rate. **Variable rate with a maximum potential ceiling of 15%. ***Annual Percentage ...
Credit Union Direct Lending (CUDL) As a Virginia Credit Union member, you now have the option to get your credit union vehicle financing approved and funded right at ...
Fixed Rate Mortgages The Credit Union offers fixed rate mortgages to purchase or refinance primary residences, second homes and rental properties for members who ...