While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Putney Vermont 05346, I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Putney Vermont 05346, and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Putney Vermont 05346.
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Putney Vermont 05346. Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In Vermont
Video: Mortgages in Putney VT
Apply Now to Build, Buy or Refinance. Use our convenient application for your loan now. We make the process easier. Fixed Rate Mortgages; Adjustable Rate Mortgages
Zillow has 24 photos of this $165000 5 bed, 2.0 bath, 2467 sqft single family home located at 14 Goldfinch Ln built in 1946. MLS # 4601470.
With many homes currently listed for sale in Vermont, Homes.com has homes . For sale. For rent. For you.
Brattleboro, Vermont detailed profile ... Latest news from Brattleboro, VT collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Discusses evidence of Indian occupation of Vermont prior to 1750; artifacts, burial sites, stone carvings, etc.
New Online License Application and Renewal Options are Now Available! The Division of Professional Licensure (DPL) and the Board of Registration of Landscape ...
According to our research of Vermont and other state lists there were 7 registered sex offenders living in Arlington, Vermont as of May 23, 2017. The ratio of number ...
Discover personal banking solutions and banking rewards from KeyBank. Learn how easy it is to open a personal bank account today.
A comprehensive directory of historical sites in Massachusetts.
Homes.com has 363 properties for sale in Guilford, Connecticut. Search real estate, houses for sale and MLS listings in Guilford, CT. Research properties, Guilford ...