While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Denver Indiana 46926, I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Denver Indiana 46926, and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Denver Indiana 46926.
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Denver Indiana 46926. Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In Indiana
Video: Mortgages in Denver IN
US Mortgages is a Denver mortgage company providing excellent mortgage rates Colorado homeowners will love. Based in Highlands Ranch, our lenders offer new home loans ...
M2 Lending Solutions is a Denver, Colorado based mortgage lender. That specializes in Denver Mortgages, Colorado Mortgages, and all different types of home loans to ...
Wintrust Mortgage was created to assist in the realization of the American dream of home ownership. Our large volume means competitive rates and in 2015 we originated ...
Find and compare home loan interest rates and current mortgage rates from mortgage companies. Includes mortgage tools: refinance, mortgage calculators.
Plum Creek Funding is happy to provide all of our clients with relevant mortgage information so they can make the best mortgage decision for their situation.
Find low home loan mortgage interest rates from hundreds of mortgage companies! Includes mortgage loan payment calculator, refinance, mortgage rate, refinance news ...
We Deliver Outstanding Specialized Patient Care Our philosophy: The patient comes first. Fast answers for busy Doctors and Patients: When a patient has a retinal ...
Choose a mortgage company in Denver, CO, with experience for help in buying a new home. Our mortgage lender has been in the business for more than 20 years.
Linda Garcia is a licensed mortgage broker in the state of Florida. Her main focus is on personalizing your loan to fit your needs.
FirstBank Mortgage Loans. Your home buying experience will be noticeably less scary with our straightforward mortgage options and truly helpful customer service.