While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Westford Vermont 05494, I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Westford Vermont 05494, and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Westford Vermont 05494.
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Westford Vermont 05494. Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In Vermont
Video: Mortgages in Westford VT
Apply Now to Build, Buy or Refinance. Use our convenient application for your loan now. We make the process easier. Fixed Rate Mortgages; Adjustable Rate Mortgages
Zillow has 77 homes for sale in Burlington VT. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place.
A community bank providing superior deposit and loan products for individuals and businesses
With many homes currently listed for sale in Vermont, Homes.com has homes . For sale. For rent. For you.
According to our research of Vermont and other state lists there were 21 registered sex offenders living in Milton, Vermont as of August 10, 2017. The ratio of number ...
NETR Online • Massachusetts Public Records, Search Massachusetts Records, Massachusetts Property Tax, Massachusetts Property Search, Massachusetts Assessor
Workers Credit Union, a Member focused credit union in Massachusetts, offers convenient and competitive Mortgages, High Interest checking and savings, New and Used ...
Homes.com has 227 properties for sale in Lowell, Massachusetts. Search real estate, houses for sale and MLS listings in Lowell, MA. Research properties, Lowell ...
Narragansett Regional High School - Baldwinville (Templeton) Serving students from Templeton and Phillipston: Nashoba Valley Technical High School - Westford
William Francis Galvin, Secretary of the Commonwealth Secretary of the Commonwealth Citizen Information Service