While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Vernon Indiana 47282, I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Vernon Indiana 47282, and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Vernon Indiana 47282.
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Vernon Indiana 47282. Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In Indiana
Video: Mortgages in Vernon IN
Vernons Solicitors. Practising exclusively in mortgages, finance and conveyancing. Established by Raoul Vernon in 1983 and still owned and operated by Raoul Vernon.
ind out more about your options as an existing Cheltenham & Gloucester mortgage customer.
Zillow has 18 homes for sale in Mount Vernon IA. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place.
Based in Stockport. Offers traditional products plus financial planning, insurance and commercial finance. Community sponsorship projects, branch and agency search.
Whether you’re buying your first home, moving to a new one, looking for a better deal or investing in property, we have an award-winning range of mortgage deals to help
Whether you are a first time buyer or looking to remortgage, HSBC offers a range of mortgages that are designed to assist our customers.
Coming September 2017! Our final phase of our website development will be completed this September. Online banking processes will remain the same but the website will ...
Condominium managers for associations across CT providing maintenance and repair services, financial stewardship, capital projects and owner services.
Competitive mortgages from N&P. Whether you're a first time buyer, moving home or remortgaging we've got mortgages to suit all needs.
Find and compare home loan interest rates and current mortgage rates from mortgage companies. Includes mortgage tools: refinance, mortgage calculators.