While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Thatcher Arizona 85552, I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Thatcher Arizona 85552, and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Thatcher Arizona 85552.
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Thatcher Arizona 85552. Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In Arizona
Video: Mortgages in Thatcher AZ
Homes for sale Apache junction az. Sell your home in Pinal, Maricopa county, AZ. Servicing Apache Junction, Gold Canyon, Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler and Tempe. Find and ...
Zillow has 176 homes for sale in Ash Fork AZ. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place.
Scottsdale Real Estate, Cave Creek Homes For Sale, AZ Houses, Phoenix Realty, Maricopa Properties, Peoria Townhomes, Glendale Land by Realtor Joseph Domino
With many homes currently listed for sale in Arizona, Homes.com has homes . For sale. For rent. For you.
Apache County Recorder Apache County Annex Building 75 West Cleveland St., St. Johns, AZ 85936 Phone (928)337-7514 Fax (928)337-7676
Lyrics to "Photosynthesis" song by Frank Turner: 1,2,1,2,3 Well I guess I should confess that I am starting to get old All the latest music fads all...
Catalina Foothills, Arizona detailed profile ... Latest news from Catalina Foothills, AZ collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio ...
Work and jobs in South Tucson: detailed stats about occupations, industries, unemployment, workers, commute. Average climate in South Tucson, Arizona
Many of us were told that house prices are so high because there are too many people and not enough houses. While this is true, house prices have also been pushed up ...
Mortgage Tucson - Sunstreet Mortgage LLC is a residential mortgage lender since 2005 with competitive pricing and a variety of loan programs: 520-547-2400