While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Shinglehouse Pennsylvania 16748, I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Shinglehouse Pennsylvania 16748, and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Shinglehouse Pennsylvania 16748.
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Shinglehouse Pennsylvania 16748. Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In Pennsylvania
Video: Mortgages in Shinglehouse PA
Compare mortgage rates in Shinglehouse, PA to find the best mortgage rate for your financing needs. Home loan interest rates in Shinglehouse, PA for new homes ...
Directory of Mortgages in Shinglehouse, PA yellow pages. Find Shinglehouse, PA Mortgages with maps reviews, websites, phone numbers, addresses, and business profiles.
Current mortgage rates and quotes from multiple lenders in Shinglehouse, PA
Find 20 listings related to Mortgages in Shinglehouse on YP.com. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Mortgages in Shinglehouse, PA.
See today's Shinglehouse mortgage rates and get personalized home loan quotes from Shinglehouse Pennsylvania mortgage lenders.
It pays to shop around for refinance rates in Shinglehouse, PA. Get free quotes from multiple mortgage refinance lenders to find a competitive rate for your home loan.
Seach and compare mortgage rates and refinance rates in Shinglehouse, PA. MonitorBankRates.com has a list of Shinglehouse, PA mortgage rates and mortgage
It pays to shop around for mortgage rates in Shinglehouse, PA. Find a competitive rate for your home loan with free quotes for 7/1 ARM mortgage rates.
Compare current jumbo mortgage rates and jumbo refinance rates in Shinglehouse, PA. You will find banks, credit unions and mortgage companies listed with
Compare current Shinglehouse, PA mortgage rates for home purchases and refinance. Get FREE personalized home loan rates from trusted lenders in Potter County.