While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Sesser Illinois 62884, I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Sesser Illinois 62884, and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Sesser Illinois 62884.
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Sesser Illinois 62884. Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In Illinois
Video: Mortgages in Sesser IL
Mortgages in Sesser on YP.com. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Mortgages in Sesser, IL.
Current mortgage rates and quotes from multiple lenders in Sesser, IL
Compare mortgage rates in Sesser, IL to find the best mortgage rate for your financing needs. Home loan interest rates in Sesser, IL for new homes, refinancing, and more.
It pays to shop around for mortgage rates in Sesser, IL. Get free mortgage quotes from multiple lenders to find a competitive rate for your home loan.
See today's Sesser mortgage rates and get personalized home loan quotes from Sesser Illinois mortgage lenders.
Search for mortgages in Sesser, IL. Get addresses, phone numbers, driving directions, reviews and ratings on Local.com
Seach and compare mortgage rates and refinance rates in Sesser, IL. MonitorBankRates.com has a list of Sesser, IL mortgage rates and mortgage refinance rates.
Contact information for Regions Bank, State Bank Of Whittington, Cash Store, Personal Finance Co, and more in Sesser, IL.
It pays to shop around for refinance rates in Sesser, IL. Get free quotes from multiple mortgage refinance lenders to find a competitive rate for your home loan.
Compare current jumbo mortgage rates and jumbo refinance rates in Sesser, IL. You will find banks, credit unions and mortgage companies listed with today’s