While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960, I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960, and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960.
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960. Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In Pennsylvania
Video: Mortgages in Sellersville PA
Mobile homes for sale in Bucks County, Pennsylvania : you can also browse Homes.com for mobile homes for rent, condos for sale or for a wealth of other Bucks County ...
Government Row Officers Recorder of Deeds Fee Schedule . Notice: Effective August 8, 2014 per House Bill 1337 (Act 113) the Recorder of Deeds Fee Schedule will change.
Government Row Officers Recorder of Deeds Deeds. Employees of the Recorder of Deeds office may not prepare deeds. You may prepare a deed on your own; however it is a ...
Search a map of all Pennsylvania cities with a complete list of all cities and towns with Livability Scores.
Perkasie Woods is a gorgeous community with new townhomes in Perkasie, PA
Pennsylvania Real-Time News. Everything we know (so far) about Pa.'s medical marijuana dispensaries
Levittown is a census-designated place (CDP) and planned community in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, United States, within the Philadelphia metropolitan area.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $4,053 (2.6%) Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no ...
Archives and past articles from the Philadelphia Inquirer, Philadelphia Daily News, and Philly.com.
Allentown, Pennsylvania detailed profile ... Latest news from Allentown, PA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations