While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Putnam Valley New York 10579, I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Putnam Valley New York 10579, and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Putnam Valley New York 10579.
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Putnam Valley New York 10579. Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In New York
Putnam Valley Information
Video: Mortgages in Putnam Valley NY
It pays to shop around for mortgage rates in Putnam Valley, NY. Get free mortgage quotes from multiple lenders to find a competitive rate for your home loan.
Compare mortgage rates in Putnam Valley, NY to find the best mortgage rate for your financing needs. Home loan interest rates in Putnam Valley, NY for new homes ...
Find 182 listings related to Mortgages in Putnam Valley on YP.com. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Mortgages in Putnam Valley, NY.
See today's Putnam Valley mortgage rates and get personalized home loan quotes from Putnam Valley New York mortgage lenders.
Directory of Mortgages in Putnam Valley, NY yellow pages. Find Putnam Valley, NY Mortgages with maps reviews, websites, phone numbers, addresses, and business profiles.
Current mortgage rates and quotes from multiple lenders in Putnam Valley, NY
Seach and compare mortgage rates and refinance rates in Putnam Valley, NY. MonitorBankRates.com has a list of Putnam Valley, NY mortgage rates and mortgage
Why find Putnam Valley, NY mortgage rates on Zillow. Local mortgage rates. Did you know that mortgage rates can change daily and they can vary by location?
It pays to shop around for mortgage rates in Putnam Valley, NY. Find a competitive rate for your home loan with free quotes for 30-year mortgage rates.
Compare current Putnam Valley, NY mortgage rates for home purchases and refinance. Get FREE personalized home loan rates from trusted lenders in Putnam County.