While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Putnam Valley New York 10579, I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Putnam Valley New York 10579, and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Putnam Valley New York 10579.
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Putnam Valley New York 10579. Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In New York
Putnam Valley Information
Video: Mortgages in Putnam Valley NY
County Office Overview... The county office which serves the public by recording important documents such as mortgages, contracts, deeds, liens, and mapping plans.
About Land Records and Deeds in New York Deeds, mortgage documents, easements, liens, powers of attorney, and other document recordings are managed by the County ...
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Hudson Valley Properties is a full service, locally owned and operated real estate brokerage firm backed by the strength of a global ...
Located on the shores of Great Sacandaga Lake, Mayfield is a picturesque Adirondack town.
2017 Thurman Maple Days. Having a 'sweet' time is easy during Maple Days in Thurman, NY. For three consecutive weekends in March, Thurman celebrates all things maple ...
Great Seal of New York State with Embellishments Part of a Major's Military Oath Record 1856
HVFCU is committed to providing all the protections afforded to servicemembers who are called to active duty into the regular or reserve branches of the U. S ...
Albany. Homeless Travelers Aid Society of the Capital District 142 State Street Albany, NY 12206 (518) 463-2124. Buffalo. Alcohol and Drug Crisis 291 Elm Street
Why use Zillow? Zillow is perfect for searching homes for sale in the United States. By analyzing real estate information on millions of homes for sale across the ...
This six-hour AAA Defensive Driving Course can earn you (the principal vehicle operator) a 10 percent discount on collision, liability and no-fault insurance.