While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Plainfield Illinois 60544, I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Plainfield Illinois 60544, and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Plainfield Illinois 60544.
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Plainfield Illinois 60544. Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In Illinois
Video: Mortgages in Plainfield IL
Creekside Crossing of Plainfield is an established neighborhood just 1 mile from downtown Plainfield that offers an on-site park, walking trails and inviting homes.
Zillow has 101 homes for sale in Minooka IL. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place.
According to our research of New Jersey and other state lists there were 2 registered sex offenders living in South Plainfield, New Jersey as of November 19, 2017 ...
Zillow has 148 homes for sale in Montgomery IL. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place.
Homes.com Coal City, IL Real Estate: Search houses for sale and MLS listings in Coal City, Illinois. Local information: 71 homes for sale, 2 condos, 0 foreclosure ...
391 Homes for sale in Bolingbrook, IL. Browse through 391 Bolingbrook real estate MLS listings.
A.M.C. Mechanical, Inc. Sylvia E. Lopez, President Anthony R. Lopez, Vice President 11535 W 183rd Place, Unit 106 Orland Park, IL 60467 Phone: (708) 479-4678
Search a map of all Illinois cities with a complete list of all cities and towns with Livability Scores.
In search of a home mortgage provider? Read customer reviews about Nationstar Mortgage regarding customer service, services offered and more.
NETR Online • New Hampshire Public Records, Search New Hampshire Records, New Hampshire Property Tax, New Hampshire Property Search, New Hampshire Assessor