While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Plainfield Illinois 60544, I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Plainfield Illinois 60544, and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Plainfield Illinois 60544.
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Plainfield Illinois 60544. Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In Illinois
Video: Mortgages in Plainfield IL
Zillow has 12 photos of this $279000 4 bed, 3.0 bath, 2350 sqft single family home located at 23412 Copper Dr built in 1963. MLS # 09610753.
Compiled from New Jersey MLS listings and regional databases of Plainfield, NJ homes for rent: 2 total rental listings, 0 apartments for rent, and 0 condos for rent ...
Find and compare home loan interest rates and current mortgage rates from mortgage companies. Includes mortgage tools: refinance, mortgage calculators.
First Community Financial Bank is a Chicago suburban community bank with 6 locations. Offering free checking, mortgage, cd, savings, cash management and business ...
Printer-friendly version. Naperville Bank & Trust is more than just a great bank. It is a true community bank. Some may ask why we need another bank.
Search all real estate listings in California & Hawaii of homes for sale including condos, land plus foreclosures, find relocation real estate agents, Realtors ...
428 Homes for sale in Bolingbrook, IL. Browse through 428 Bolingbrook real estate MLS listings.
Search a map of all Illinois cities with a complete list of all cities and towns with Livability Scores.
906 Lemorr Ave, Joliet, IL is a single family home that contains 1,450 sq ft and was built in 1954. It contains 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. This home last sold for $ ...
Maintains and preserves Will County land records. Includes fee schedules, recording guidelines, document copies and searches and forms and downloads.