While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Manor Texas 78653, I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Manor Texas 78653, and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Manor Texas 78653.
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Manor Texas 78653. Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In Texas
Video: Mortgages in Manor TX
Compiled from Texas (for zip code 78731) MLS listings and regional databases of Austin, TX 78731 homes for rent: 85 total rental listings, 0 apartments for rent, and ...
Compiled from Texas MLS listings and regional databases of Spring, TX homes for rent: 1489 total rental listings, 4 apartments for rent, and 51 condos for rent in ...
Troubled Teen Programs - 25 Plaintiffs Join in Lawsuit Against WWASPS, Cross Creek Manor, Robert Lichfield, and Associates – More Expected to Join In
Click here for over 300 free ATM locations! search-form. Featured Loans; Featured Saving Rates
Poteet, Texas detailed profile ... Single-family new house construction building permits: 1997: 7 buildings, average cost: $25,900
Zillow has 8 photos of this $227152 2 bed, 2.0 bath, 958 sqft single family home located at 20405 Poppy Hills Trl UNIT 2204 built in. MLS #.
Beaumont, Texas detailed profile ... Single-family new house construction building permits: 1997: 157 buildings, average cost: $99,800