While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Landenberg Pennsylvania 19350, I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Landenberg Pennsylvania 19350, and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Landenberg Pennsylvania 19350.
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Landenberg Pennsylvania 19350. Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In Pennsylvania
Video: Mortgages in Landenberg PA
Zillow has 227 homes for sale in Yeadon PA. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place.
The information available via our online Eagle Web Records Search includes our verified document data from 1960 to the present, as well as associated document images ...
Cary property management at its best. Let Henry Property Management’s experienced Cary property managers care for your Cary rental home. If you are looking for a ...
Rick Loughery Recorder of Deeds 313 W. Market St, Suite 3302 West Chester, PA 19380 Ph: 610-344-6330 Fx: 610-344-6408 Email Recorder of Deeds Hours
Logan's Reserve Townhomes is a gorgeous community with new townhomes in Seven Valleys, PA
Finding Church Records at Other Repositories. Additional church records can sometimes be found using search phrases such as Chester County, Pennsylvania Genealogy ...
Zillow has 681 homes for sale in Newark DE. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place.
Accuracy Assured Home Inspections, LLC Serving Philadelphia County, Bucks County, Montgomery County, Chester County, and Delaware County in Pennsylvania
Want advice on buying a home, renting, default, foreclosure avoidance, credit issues or reverse mortgages? HUD sponsors housing counseling agencies throughout the ...
Texas luxury properties and real estate. Browse the latest luxury homes in Texas from the leading real estate brokers of the world.