You’re buying a home. Well picture this… you are sitting down at a loan officer desk and they tell you that if you want to purchase a home your LTV must be 96.50% and your D/P must be 3.5% your Rate is 5.00% and your APR is 5.752% w/ PT’s of 1.00% and a Loan origination fee of 1.00%. With all of that your PITIMI (piti-me) payment will be 1,100.00 per month in Kihei Hawaii 96753.
Do you understand anything that was just said? Maybe a few of you do but for most of us that aren’t in lending this can be a big jumble of acronyms and abbreviations that don’t make a bit of sense. So here it is… the down low on the top 5 most used lending terms.
1. PITIMI (piti-me) payment – This is your total combined mortgage payment. Principal, Interest, Taxes, Insurance, & Mortgage Insurance
2. MI – Mortgage Insurance in Kihei Hawaii 96753 – Contrary to belief this is not your Home Owners Insurance. Mortgage Insurance is an insurance payment that you pay for your lender. It allows for banks to give out loans to people with a smaller amount of down payment and the customer pays the insurance to cover their risk for the loan. If someone defaults on their loan and the lender has to sell the property then the insurance will cover any gap in the amount that the collect.
3. H/O – Home Owners Insurance. This is your insurance policy. The insurance that you chose to cover your home against disasters, fire, and theft to be able to get you your money back if something happens to your property or your possessions inside.
4. LTV – Loan- To-Value. This is the percentage that is calculated from the amount that your loan is to the value of the home. IF your home is worth 100K and your loan is 80K then your LTV is 80%
5. APR – Annual Percentage Rate – this is not the rate that your payment is calculated on. Your mortgage payment will always be calculated based on the Interest Rate. You’re APR is what banks use to portray the true cost of your loan. If you have a bunch of fees associated with your loan then your APR will generally be a lot higher then the interest rate, if you don’t have very many fees to pay then your APR will be closer to the interest rate on your loan. When you compare loan products it is best that you compare your APR instead of the Interest Rate in Kihei Hawaii 96753.
Surrounding Areas In Hawaii
Video: Mortgages in Kihei HI
Zillow has 1,929 homes for sale in Maui County HI. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place.
Bank of Hawaii's new Kihei branch will open on 5/30. Designed to better serve you, our branch of tomorrow is located at 1280 S. Kihei Road Suite 116 Kihei, HI 96753
Zillow has 10,881 homes for sale in Hawaii. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place.
Compare Mortgages & Loans. Compare mortgage rates and home loan information from multiple mortgage companies and lenders. National Relocation has information on many ...
Founded in 1897, Bank of Hawaii is the largest independent financial institution in Hawaii. Bank of Hawaii Corporation is a regional financial services company ...
Aloha. Thank you for visiting American Savings Bank (ASB). After clicking “I Accept” below, you will be directed away from ASB’s website and redirected to a ...
Search Maui real estate listings - view all Maui Hawaii MLS homes, condos and land for sale on one easy to use website plus foreclosure properties on Maui Hawaii.
Directory of court locations in Maui County, Hawaii. Includes local links to searching court records, dockets, legal research, self help, and more.
Homes.com has 1629 property listings in Honolulu, Hawaii. Find real estate, houses for sale, and MLS listings in Honolulu. Research properties, neighborhoods, schools ...
The Office of the County Clerk provides clerical and logistical support to the Council. They are responsible for retrieving information and documents for the public ...