While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Kaplan Louisiana 70548, I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Kaplan Louisiana 70548, and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Kaplan Louisiana 70548.
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Kaplan Louisiana 70548. Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In Louisiana
Video: Mortgages in Kaplan LA
The GMAT Verbal section will test your knowledge of grammar with…
Welcome to La Ferla Group LLC. La Ferla Group LLC is a federally registered investment adviser that provides clients with investment advisory services since May 2015.
For more than 50 years, Dearborn Real Estate Education has been committed to helping our partner real estate schools succeed by providing the highest quality real ...
Zillow has 69 homes for sale in Jennings LA. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place.
Read the latest real estate news, find homes for sale, and get advice from leading real estate experts for homebuyers, homeowners and sellers.
The Department of Economics congratulates Magne Mogstad, the Gary S. Becker Professor in Economics and the College, on receiving the 2017 IZA Young Labor Economist Award.
Obituaries for the greater Thibodaux area ... Choose the plan that’s right for you. Digital access or digital and print delivery.
Whether you are looking for a home for sale or a home for rent, a real estate agent is a valuable resource. As a local expert, real estate agents provide up-to-date ...
Hello, I Am Robert T. “Robby” Barousse. Acadia Parish Clerk of Court and Ex-Officio Recorder of mortgages and conveyances. I am humbled and honored to be your ...
Terrebonne and Lafourche parish presidents issued emergency declarations, saying the biggest concern from the tropical storm remains heavy rain and potential flooding.