While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Greenfield Indiana 46140, I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Greenfield Indiana 46140, and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Greenfield Indiana 46140.
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Greenfield Indiana 46140. Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In Indiana
Video: Mortgages in Greenfield IN
Save on Vacation. Use these tips so you don't break the bank going on vacation this summer!
Welcome to Greenfield Finance Commercial Mortgage Specialists. We are independent, whole of market, commercial finance specialists. Our team of former Bank Managers ...
Zillow has 58 homes for sale in Greenfield OH. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place.
Compiled from Indiana MLS listings and regional databases of Greenfield, IN homes for rent: 22 total rental listings, 5 apartments for rent, and 0 condos for rent in ...
If you are looking for a business in Greenfield, IN area, use the Keyword search box below, the Categories drop down or just browse the quick links to find by industry.
Find what you are looking for with the realtor.com® real estate listings in Greenfield, Pittsburgh, PA. Check out the Greenfield homes for sale now!
This article explores the use of Greenfield sites for development, using an example of recent urban planning in the UK.
Greenfield Capital an FCA authorised short term lender, we have over 60 years of lending experience in our management team, and we can provide fast & competitive ...
WaterStone is a full-service, Milwaukee-area community bank offering wealth management, free checking, business loans, home equity lines of credit & more.
Norwood Bank is a Massachusetts bank offering checking accounts, mortgage loans, business banking & a complete suite of personal banking services.