While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Flowood Mississippi , I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Flowood Mississippi , and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Flowood Mississippi .
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Flowood Mississippi . Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In Mississippi
Video: Mortgages in Flowood MS
Flowood, Mississippi detailed profile ... Latest news from Flowood, MS collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
We are mortgage professionals and members of your community right here in Flowood, and we can help you with all of your mortgage and loan needs.
Call RedRock Mortgage now at 601-368-8329 to learn more about Mortgages in Jackson, MS.
Community Bank is a comprehensive financial services bank, with over $2.8 billion in assets and 700+ employees across 4 states.
With parcels of land and many homes currently listed for sale in Mississippi, Homes.com has Mississippi parcels of land. For sale. For rent. For you.
Our homes are often the center of our lives, the largest purchase of our lives and ourmost valuable tangible asset. That is why looking for someone to help you turn ...
Homes.com Pearl, MS Real Estate: Search houses for sale and MLS listings in Pearl, Mississippi. Local information: 138 homes for sale, 0 condos, 0 foreclosure listings.
Search a map of all Mississippi cities with a complete list of all cities and towns with Livability Scores.
St. Jude Catholic Church, Pearl, MS, Pearl, Mississippi. 465 likes. St. Jude is a vibrant, culturally diverse Roman Catholic community in Pearl, Mississippi
Zillow has 50 photos of this $190000 4 bed, 3.0 bath, 2207 sqft single family home located at 101 Red Fox Run built in 1977. MLS # 297372.