While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Finksburg Maryland 21048, I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Finksburg Maryland 21048, and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Finksburg Maryland 21048.
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Finksburg Maryland 21048. Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In Maryland
Video: Mortgages in Finksburg MD
Homes.com Carroll County MD Real Estate: Search residential homes for sale and MLS listings in Carroll County, Maryland. Local information: 1431 houses for sale with ...
Thinking about buying an Maryland foreclosure? Browse new and existing homes, as well as Maryland foreclosures at Bank of America.
Zillow has 521 homes for sale in Westminster MD. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place.
Homes.com Carroll County MD Real Estate: Search homes for sale and MLS listings in Carroll County, Maryland. Local information: 1431 houses for sale, 29 condos, 0 ...
Zillow has 34 homes for sale in Woodstock MD. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place.
The records maintained by the Clerk's Office are available to the public for review; however, juvenile and adoption case records can be accessed only through an order ...
You are leaving the New Windsor State Bank website. The website you are going to visit is branded as New Windsor State Bank and is operated under a user agreement to ...
Baltimore County, Maryland (MD) Detailed Profile ... Median monthly housing costs for homes and condos with a mortgage: $1,680
Our Branch Locator will help you find your local or nearby 1st Mariner Bank. Our ATM Locator will help you find a nearby ATM.
GettingHired provides jobs for people with disabilities, by removing barriers and connecting them to our employers, partners, and resources.