While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Fayetteville Arkansas 72701, I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Fayetteville Arkansas 72701, and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Fayetteville Arkansas 72701.
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Fayetteville Arkansas 72701. Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In Arkansas
Video: Mortgages in Fayetteville AR
Zillow has 584 homes for sale in Fayetteville AR. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place.
Homes.com has 866 properties for sale in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Search real estate, houses for sale and MLS listings in Fayetteville, AR. Research properties ...
According to our research of Arkansas and other state lists there were 58 registered sex offenders living in Fayetteville, Arkansas as of August 10, 2017.
Zillow has 0 photos of this $463000 4 bed, 4.0 bath, 4237 sqft single family home located at 1185 N Amberwood Ln built in 2001. MLS #.
Home Mortgage Rates in Arkansas. Located in the Deep South, Arkansas has much to offer new and native residents. Beautiful scenery, burgeoning industry opportunities ...
Connie Wise Real Estate is here for all your real estate needs, including home buying and selling, relocating, and vacation home purchases, proudly serving Poteau ...
Search Land Records and Deeds Records in Arkansas}.
MoneyGeek.com helps you make financial decisions. Learn about types of credit cards, compare home loans, find info about the best car insurance coverage, and more.
Fayetteville, North Carolina detailed profile ... Latest news from Fayetteville, NC collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Mortgages & Loans. The Mortgage Loan Department at First Security Bank is staffed with highly trained professionals. Our line of mortgage loans is diverse and ...