While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Encino California 91316, I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Encino California 91316, and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Encino California 91316.
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Encino California 91316. Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In California
Video: Mortgages in Encino CA
Zillow has 38 photos of this $3995000 4 bed, 6.0 bath, 5458 sqft single family home located at 4634 Libbit Ave built in 1964. MLS # 17222972.
Glendale, CA home value database. Home values are based on homes sold prices, California public records of assessed values of homes near the address, and Glendale, CA ...
Homes.com Banning, CA Real Estate: Search houses for sale and MLS listings in Banning, California. Local information: 377 homes for sale, 25 condos, 0 foreclosure ...
Search all real estate listings in California & Hawaii of homes for sale including condos, land plus foreclosures, find relocation real estate agents, Realtors ...
Zillow has 171 homes for sale in Atascadero CA. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place.
11347 Homes for sale in Los Angeles, CA. Browse through 11347 Los Angeles real estate MLS listings.
Retail Property Leasing & Management Services Through Your Southern California Shopping Center Management & Leasing Partner
Read the latest real estate news, find homes for sale, and get advice from leading real estate experts for homebuyers, homeowners and sellers.
Kian Mottahedeh Attorney at Law | Partner Tel: 818.855.5951 Email: [email protected] Kian Mottahedeh received his JD with an emphasis in Business Law from Whittier ...
Los Angeles County, California (CA) Detailed Profile ... Median monthly housing costs for homes and condos with a mortgage: $2,261