While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Encino California 91316, I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Encino California 91316, and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Encino California 91316.
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Encino California 91316. Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In California
Video: Mortgages in Encino CA
Zillow has 157 homes for sale in Aptos CA. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place.
21016 Victory Blvd, Woodland Hills,CA 91367 1901 Avenue of the Stars, suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90067 818.880.8990 888.632.4447
Compare Mortgages & Loans. Compare mortgage rates and home loan information from multiple mortgage companies and lenders. National Relocation has information on many ...
Zillow has 124 homes for sale in Van Nuys Los Angeles. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place.
Browse 4295 homes for sale in San Diego at Homes.com. Research neighborhoods, mortgage rates, real estate, houses for sale, and MLS listings in San Diego, CA.
Dr. Housing Bubble Blog focusing on real estate and investing
Looking to know the market and what your home is worth? Let eppraisal help. Using our free property valuation tool, you'll find the estimated value of your home plus ...
Conversion Claims in California. When someone takes away or prevents your from enjoying the use of your personal property without your consent, you may ...
Los Angeles County, California (CA) Detailed Profile ... Median monthly housing costs for homes and condos with a mortgage: $2,261
According to our research of California and other state lists there were 129 registered sex offenders living in Gardena, California as of June 16, 2017. The ratio of ...