While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Corvallis Montana 59828, I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Corvallis Montana 59828, and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Corvallis Montana 59828.
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Corvallis Montana 59828. Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In Montana
Video: Mortgages in Corvallis MT
According to our research of Oregon and other state lists there were 2 registered sex offenders living in Corvallis, Oregon as of June 17, 2017. The ratio of number ...
Zillow has 22 photos of this $225000 4 bed, 2.0 bath, 3244 sqft single family home located at 7049 Fox Ln built in 1962. MLS # 60516.
MoneyGeek.com helps you make financial decisions. Learn about types of credit cards, compare home loans, find info about the best car insurance coverage, and more.
Zillow has 58 photos of this $550000 3 bed, 3.0 bath, 9500 sqft single family home located at 415 S. 2nd St built in 1890. MLS # 58577.
Get the latest Oregon & Portland high school girls basketball news, rankings, schedules, stats, scores, results & athletes info for high school football, soccer ...
According to our research of Oregon and other state lists there were 4 registered sex offenders living in Jefferson, Oregon as of June 16, 2017. The ratio of number ...
Wednesday was National Signing Day, and The Oregonian/OregonLive provided complete coverage throughout the morning, afternoon and evening. Note: If you have signed a ...
Recruiting News; Oregon State Beavers football National Signing Day live updates recap: Tracking OSU's 2017 recruiting class
Officials have started posting Oregon school closures and delays as an "unusually strong" winter storm rolls into the Northwest.
The Answer to All Your Tax Compliance Needs. Thomson Reuters ® ONESOURCE ™ drives global tax compliance and accounting decision-making with the industry’s most ...