While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Charleston West Virginia 25301, I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Charleston West Virginia 25301, and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Charleston West Virginia 25301.
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Charleston West Virginia 25301. Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In West Virginia
Video: Mortgages in Charleston WV
Zillow has 705 homes for sale in Charleston WV. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place.
Join the discussion! This forum covers Charleston, WV local community news, events for your calendar, and updates from colleges, churches, sports, and ...
Zillow has 24 photos of this $130758 3 bed, 2.0 bath, 1353 sqft single family home located at 5302 Westbrook Dr built in 1975. MLS #.
Charleston, West Virginia detailed profile ... Latest news from Charleston, WV collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Searching for the best bank for your family or business. Check out City National Bank, and find out why we’re one of the top community banks in the country.
Welcome to Victorian Finance. We are a local mortgage lender that can process, close, fund and underwrite our mortgages. We are dedicated to providing a comprehensive ...
Corporate Information. 1. The name of the corporation applying to do business in WV: _____ 2. The company was incorporated under the laws of ...
MoneyGeek.com helps you make financial decisions. Learn about types of credit cards, compare home loans, find info about the best car insurance coverage, and more.
I actually work for camc so yes I do work. I just don't understand how or why every floor is under staffed to the point of beds & units being closed.
Work and jobs in St. Albans: detailed stats about occupations, industries, unemployment, workers, commute. Average climate in St. Albans, West Virginia