While most people must finance, in order to be able to purchase a home, there are some who have the funds, to make a cash deal . It might be that the property is relatively inexpensive, they are down – sizing, have recently sold another house, or have lots of other liquid assets. While some may counsel to reduce debt, and in most forms of debt in Battle Ground Washington 98604, I would agree, there are many reasons this advice does not apply to a home loan, or mortgage. Let’s review 5 advantages of carrying a mortgage, while realizing the major reason not to, is reducing one’s monthly carrying charges/ fixed expenses.
1. Opportunity cost of money: Many have heard this expression, but fail to fully realize what it means, or don’t believe it applies to them. Ask yourself, might it make more sense, to maintain one’s funds, and invest them separately, and take out a mortgage. Especially today, when mortgage interest rates still remain close to historic lows, borrowing permits one to purchase more house than he might otherwise be able to. In addition, might it not make sense, to diversify one’s portfolio in Battle Ground Washington 98604, and position himself for a brighter financial future? Many factors might impact this decision, including: one’s comfort zone; future plans; age; personal situation; expectations; and anticipated future needs. However, it is important to keep in mind this essential, opportunity cost of money!
2. Cash flow: If you are paying 4.5% as your mortgage rate, and effectively paying quite a bit less because of tax considerations, and you believe you can, over time, generate more from your investments, doesn’t a mortgage make sense. If you aren’t sure, you can always make a larger downpayment, or add additional principal paybacks to your monthly payment, and still enjoy some of the benefits.
3. Tax deductible/ tax advantages: Mortgage interest is tax deductible, and thus costs you considerably less than any other form of loan. Reduce your other debts with higher, non – deductible interest, while carrying a mortgage. If you are in the 30% tax bracket, for example, your effective interest rate on a 4.5% mortgage is only 3.15%, etc.
4. Escrow: When you have a mortgage, most lending institutions will also charge and keep an escrow account, in order to pay the real estate taxes, insurance, etc. You won’t have to worry about remembering to make a real estate tax payment, and getting a late charge/ penalty, because the loaner will pay this out of your account. And. your escrow account will even receive dividends on the balance in Battle Ground Washington 98604.
5. You can pre – pay: Many ask if they should carry a 30 – year or, for example, a 15 – year mortgage period. My suggestion for most, is to take out the longer – term, so you have the ability to pay the lower amount monthly, but make additional principal payments (e.g. add $100 per payment), to reduce the payback period. There is no pre – payment penalty for the vast majority of mortgages!
Understand mortgages, and your mortgage options, from the onset in Battle Ground Washington 98604. Do what makes the most sense for you!
Surrounding Areas In Washington
Battle Ground Information
Video: Mortgages in Battle Ground WA
Property record and home value information for 29500 Ne 112th Ave, WA 98604. $541,216 # 300017931369 - 0 photos - 5 bedrooms - 3 bathrooms - 3893 sq. ft. - Year Built ...
Battle Ground, Washington detailed profile ... Latest news from Battle Ground, WA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Search Clark County WA mobile homes and manufactured homes for sale.
Zillow has 2,540 homes for sale in Clark County WA. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place.
Battle Ground Farmer's Market 1910 SW 9th Ave Battle Ground, WA 98604 inside the BG Village Courtyard. [503 and Eaton Road (199th)] 360-576-9767 Apr 24-Oct 2 Sat 9-3
Find Columbia Credit Union local business listings in and near Portland, OR. Get Columbia Credit Union business addresses, phone numbers, driving directions, maps ...
Property record and home value information for 13618 Nw 14th Pl, WA 98685. $528,395 # 300017887760 - 0 photos - 3 bedrooms - 2 bathrooms - 2542 sq. ft. - Year Built: 1990
Home Mortgage Rates In Washington State. The state of Washington is home to some of the world's most popular corporations. The downside of this, however, is that home ...
Bank and Credit Product Complaints. If you have a problem with your bank, financial institution, lender, broker, or any other financial service provider, you should ...
Top-Rated Bankruptcy Lawyer-Robert Russell Law Office. FREE consultation. Pay most fees AFTER filing. 360-882-8990 Trusted, Respected, Compassionate. Vancouver, WA ...